What a busy 9-months it has been in AppSense Product Development since the previous AppSense Management Suite Launch. We hinted towards our Project Orca, acquired RAPsphere, delivered on Project Orca in the form of AppSense DataNow, brought the RAPsphere technology to market as SaaS based AppSense MobileNow, and released numerous technologies from our R&D Boffins in AppSense Labs.
Today I am extremely proud to share with you our formal announcement of AppSense DesktopNow. More flexible, agile and granular than ever before; AppSense DesktopNow is the next generation of the renowned AppSense Management Suite.
For those unfamiliar with our suite of desktop products, AppSense DesktopNow is made of the following components:
With this latest release, customers can further simplify Windows desktop management, while increasing IT control and user productivity through whole host of new features, enhanced capabilities and an updated look and feel to boot. This new Feature Release has been designed based on feedback from our enterprise customers, partners and technology alliances with the aim to:
- Introduce new features and enhancements for existing customers
- Simplify the management and deployment of AppSense configurations
- Further integrates with existing investments in Microsoft technologies
- Make it even easier and faster to adopt new AppSense releases
To deliver on these goals, the individual product updates share a common set of themes which I have covered below, along with a couple of the key new features in each of the sections:
Enterprise Readiness – Simplifying complex environments and easing adoption of product updates.
- Distributed configuration creation and centralized layering
- End point merging of multiple configurations
- Configuration change tracking
- MSP-based product patching for seamless updates [previous blog here]
Feature Enrichment – enabling greater user mobility and reducing IT operational requirements
- Configuration API for Environment Manager Policy
- PowerShell support for Application Manager Scripted Rules
- Additional URL redirection options
- Metadata support for Application Access Control and User Rights Management
Product Simplification – quicken product installation and reduce on-going administration
- Additional Environment Manager application personalization templates
- User Rights Management and Application Access Control linking options
- Simplified Application Manager console and grouping options
Enhanced Microsoft Integration – leverage existing investments and future-proof desktop strategies
- Configuration Management via Microsoft Configuration Manager
- AppSense Patching delivered through Microsoft Configuration Manager
- Additional monitoring of AppSense components via Microsoft Operations Manager
- Support for Microsoft SQL 2012 for Environment Manager Personalization
Over the coming days some of the AppSense Product Managers will be posting blogs on their respective products, giving an overview to the development of this release, lessons learned and more information on some of the key features. However from what you have read so far today, hopefully you will see this as another major feature release, further extending our leadership position in the user virtualization market, especially when combined with our Data and Mobile offerings.
For further reading in the meantime, additional information can be found below:
- AppSense DesktopNow What’s New Document
- AppSense Application Manager What’s New Document
- AppSense Environment Manager What’s New Document
- AppSense Management Center What’s New Document
AppSense DesktopNow is a free upgrade as part of your active AppSense Software Subscriptions, to download the software please visit www.MyAppSense.com
Thank you to everyone who has helped design, develop, test, fine-tune and release AppSense DesktopNow.