AppSense, once again recognized as a leading private company!
The Sunday Times, a leading British Sunday Broadsheet Newspaper has released their latest annual set of Fast Track reports & league Tables. The reports have been published for 15 years, and since 1997 they have recognized the most successful private companies in the UK. To date these reports have profiled over 3,000 private companies which when combined, have over £350bn sales, £17bn profit and 2 million employees.
There are seven different Sunday Times league tables available, highlighting a range of success criteria’s from fastest growing revenues, largest profits to biggest annual revenue – they are:
- Tech Track 100 – the top 100 private technology companies with fastest growing sales
- Fast Track 100 – the top 100 private companies with fastest growing sales
- International Track 200 – the top 200 private mid-market companies with fastest growing international sales
- Profit Track 100 – the top 100 private companies with fast growing profits
- Buyout Track 100 – the top 100 private mid-market equity backed companies with fastest growing profits
- Top Track 250 – the top 250 private mid-market companies with the biggest annual sales
- Top Track 100 – the top 100 private companies with biggest annual sales
This year, I am delighted to announce that AppSense has once again been recognized by the Sunday Times, this time being placed 63rd in the International Track 200 (top 200 private mid-market companies based on fastest growing international sales).
You can download a full copy of the International Track 200 2012 report here. You will see in this year’s report it is based on numbers from our Financial Year ending July 2011, and so does not include our record-breaking revenues from our latest financial year that we just closed July 2012. By my maths, if our numbers from this year were included I believe we’d be ranked inside the top 20! .. let’s see in next year’s listings aye..
As mentioned, this isn’t the first time AppSense has been recognized as a leading company by the Sunday Times, other listings in these rankings include:
- International Track 200 – 2012. Ranked 63rd
- Profit Track 100 – 2011. Ranked 12th (I blogged about this one here)
- Tech Track 100 – 2006. Ranked 35th
- Tech Track 100 – 2005. Ranked 41st
- Tech Track 100 – 2004. Ranked 64th
I think the above repeated listings in these prestigous and desired publications really do go a long way to show our continued success and leadership throughout the years, and it’s not just the Sunday Times who have published such leadership validation, other newsworthy pieces validating our leadership include:
- AppSense: We could be the next VMware (TheStreet.com article here)
- AppSense: Tech Champion in the making (FT.com article here, AppSense blog here)
- Goldman Sachs invests $70m in AppSense (FT.com article here, AppSense blog here)
- AppSense Founder Wins Ernst & Young ‘Entrepreneur of the Year (article here, AppSense blog here)
Taken from the Fast Track website, supporting quotes include:
“Fast Track 100 has become the definitive barometer of private company growth”
Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Group.
“It’s great to celebrate the fastest growing companies in the UK”
“We love coming to these events. The speakers were very impressive, we met very interesting guests”
Richard Reed, co-founder of Innocent Drinks
“The Top Track 100 is evidence of the pivotal role that private companies play as creators of jobs, wealth , innovation and expertise in the UK economy”
Dr Vince Cable, Secretary of State for Business
“Fast Track has developed from being a really good idea, to being one of the great British institutions promoting enterprise”
As always, thank you to everyone who has helped make this happen; our customers, partners, employees (and their families and friends for supporting us).
Many thanks, and here’s to another record-breaking FY’12
Gareth Kitson | Director of Product Marketing, EMEA.